Wednesday, September 13, 2023

We moved to Vegas!

Well, a suburb of Las Vegas called Henderson.  It's akin to Reston in terms of Washington, DC suburbs.  Only twenty minutes from the Vegas strip, it's a lot more urban than we have been used to.  

I don't know who reads this.  I don't try to get readership, but hopefully someone will glean some vicarious benefits reading about our journey westward.

How did this come about?  And why such a drastic change?  Well, my husband has been stationed here working on a project on the Vegas strip for the past year.  He's probably spent less than twenty days in Virginia since January.  I flew out to visit him and fell in love with the area so we final decided -- what the heck?  I'm in entertainment (the music side) and he's in entertainment (the tech side), so it just made sense.  (The dry, warm climate has also nearly eliminated pain, inflammation, and pollen allergies).  We took a leap of faith and lined everything up so we could move.  

I've been accustomed to the lush green hills of the Blue Ridge and dense hardwood forests, so this desert mountain scenery is a big change!  But as the chili cooks on the stove, I figured I'd introduce everyone to the new place we're calling home.  More later!





These are my youngest three kids (15, 12, and 7) exploring some mountainous terrain near our new place.




No comments:

Post a Comment