Monday, September 29, 2014

A Midnight Orchestral Idea

I compose because I HAVE TO. Every new song I create is like falling in love. I fall in love over and over, with each new song I create. There is no better way to describe it. It is the best feeling in the world. I'm not trying to be famous or get rich. Writing music is not about appearances or pleasing people (yeah, I was tired and it was late). I'm not trying to copy someone or be the next greatest hit. I just do what I HAVE TO DO. I am blessed by those people in my life who understand the obsessive fervor that overtakes me when I am creating. This intense episode may be winding down, but I am still sailing on the waves of high emotion. It takes an understanding family to ride the waves with me, for the weeks when I am so inspired and productive that I can hardly eat, sleep, or function. So excuse the many video posts, or enjoy their truth. It's my truth, my musical journey. I'm not drunk or under the influence of anything but life. My life is ever richer and deeper for the music I create. I actually can't believe how beautiful and deep life is. There are times when I have tried to say "maybe I'm not really meant to be a musician," but it seems an inescapable part of my identity. This is what I often find myself doing late at night. I will have to use some better recording equipment next time. 




1 comment: